A very large amount of the work we do could not be accomplished without the help of dedicated volunteers. We are always looking for extra help in a wide array of tasks and in all areas of expertise, including general maintenance, reconstruction projects, riverfront access maintenance, computer projects, administrative work, ecology programs, event planning and organizing, as well as Committee and Board membership.
Annual Jones River Herring Count
Our Herring Count runs this year from March 26th through June 1st. More information on the JR Herring Count page →
The Landing Team is looking for volunteers to be involved with event planning in 2017. In addition to the Jones River Derby Day on May 6th, we are also planning a Jones River Opening Day around Memorial Day weekend as well as our regular summer potlucks. We are looking for recruits to help with planning these events and to increase community engagement at the Landing! There is an event-planning meeting scheduled for April 7th, 2PM, at the Landing. If you can’t make the meeting, but would still like to help out, contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Site Staffing & Saturday Stewards
We are looking for responsible volunteers to literally help us keep our doors open! There is always something going on and guests dropping by to learn more about the Jones River Landing and we could use your help in spreading the word. Volunteers are needed for minimum 2-hour shifts to welcome guests and assist with the JRL mission to connect the community with its environment. The schedule is very flexible and help is needed weekday as well as Saturday mornings. We can accommodate your schedule, and training will be provided.
Help needed with occasional IT issues. Help keep us clean and free from pesky spam and bugs that keep us from our otherwise productive days!
PR Person, Videographers
For special events and talks.
Needed: General help; Float fix-up; Landscape clean-up.
Landing Wish List
- Fire wood — The Landing needs hardwoods such as Oak and Maple to keep our fires burning and our site heated for members and visitors in the upcoming seasons. Wood does not need to be split and local pick up can be arranged. Contact: email@example.com
- M-L clear plastic bins (waterproof)
- All-in-one office printer or copier/scanner that can do double-sided printing
- Digital camera (photo & video)
- Basic eco-friendly office supplies (white printer paper, notepads, post-its, scotch tape, 3-hole punch)
- Basic eco-friendly kitchen supplies (coffee cups, forks, small plates)
- Coffee, drinks (individual servings)
- Mini photo albums
- 8×10 and 5×7 picture frames