The Nuclear Decommissioning Citizens Advisory Panel (NDCAP) meets once a month, with the exception of August and December. Meetings will run 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
2018 Update: Meeting minutes and an up-to-date schedule can now be found on mass.gov’s NDCAP webpage →
In 2016, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts established a Nuclear Decommissioning Citizens Advisory Panel (NDCAP) to advise the Governor and educate residents across the state on pre- and post-decommissioning activities related to Entergy’s Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station.
Our Executive Director, Pine duBois, has been appointed to serve on NDCAP, along with legislators, energy experts, and town officials. We look forward to having a seat at the table and for the opportunity to advocate for the environment in terms of Pilgrim’s decommissioning and cleanup.
As mentioned, the purpose of NDCAP is so that citizens can get answers about Pilgrim’s decommissioning, and so the panel members can make recommendations to the Governor. If you have questions or comments that you would like us to pass on to the panel, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Safely Managing Used Nuclear Fuel. Nuclear Energy Institute. Sept. 2016. Fact Sheet.
- Decommissioning Nuclear Power Plants. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Backgrounder Document.
- Decommissioning Nuclear Power Plants. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Brochure, June 2017.
- Licensing Action Submittal Plan – Decommissioning Slides. Entergy’s presentation slides discussed on NRC conference call, June 20, 2017.
- Entergy’s Legacy of Contamination at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station (Draft 3 Report). Cape Cod Bay Watch. July 2017.
- Generic Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for License Renewal of Nuclear Plants: Regarding Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station – Final Report (NUREG-1437, Supplement 29) (July 2007)
Additional Meeting Info: