The 32nd Annual Meeting of the Jones River Watershed Association was held on January 28th, 2018 at the Landing, with:
- Welcoming remarks and award presentations
- Guest Speaker Hannah Pearson, Hatchery Manager with Island Creek Oysters, and with the ICO Foundation working in Zanzibar!
- Staff presentations with updates on the Ecology Program, Cape Cod Bay Watch, Mass Bay Maritime Artisans and more
- Annual election of JRWA Board of Directors by JRWA members
Update your membership online →
2017 “River Rat of the Year” — Carole McCarthy
2018 Elected Board Members
Re-elected Current Directors, 2-year terms:
- Jason Potrykus, Vice President
- Bob Weber, Secretary
- Karon Wierman, Director at Large
- Twig Johnson, Director at Large
- David O’Connell, Director at Large
New Board Members, 1-year terms:
(Filling vacancies due to the resignations of Al Alexis and Wendell Chamberlain)
- Stephen Fulmer, Director at Large
- R. Lee Cook, Director at Large
If you have questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to contact Pine duBois, email@example.com or call the Landing at 781-585-2322.
JRWA encourages your interest in participating on the Board of Directors or serving in another volunteer capacity. We are especially interested in recruiting more women for the Board! Our organization is made from the people, and we need your help whenever you are ready, willing and able. Please let us know if you are interested!
The JRWA and Landing Boards each try to meet monthly to address needed business and make plans to maintain and restore our treasured environmental and historic resources. Please let us know your interest and we will help you plug-in to further the mission of these evolving organizations. The JRWA Board oversees the work of the organization and appoints the Board of Jones River Landing, which is a related supporting organization of JRWA. Both are non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organizations.
Thank you again for your support and involvement!